Product Description

Production Notes
The grapes were gently pressed and the juice was cold settled. After racking off the solids, the juice was barreled down to new, one year, and two-year-old barrels. Then the juice was inoculated and allowed to ferment slowly for approximately 30 days until dryness. At that point, the juice was inoculated for the second malolactic fermentation. Once completed, the wine was chilled to stabilize the wine. Four-fifths of the blend was then aged in oak barrels for 11 months. One-fifth was racked out of barrels after 5 months.
Tasting Notes
AROMA: Bright ripe pear and apple, noticeable papaya and mango notes, along with subdued notes of toasted oak and vanilla. FLAVOR: A refreshing citrus acidity upon entry. A rich mid-palate revolves around apple, pear and tropical notes with an elegant lingering finish showcasing the oak.

Double Gold, Wine Press Northwest

Wine Specs
Vintage
2017
Varietal
Chardonnay
Vineyard Designation
Sagemoor
Harvest Date
September 5, 2017 – September 13, 2017
pH
3.71
Aging
80% of the blend was barrel fermented, malolactic positive, and barrel aged for 11 months. The remaining 20% was aged in barrels for 5 months then transferred to stainless steel tanks for the remainder.
Bottling Date
August 2018
Alcohol %
14.5
Production
300 Cases